We are temporarily opening recruitment for volunteers to assist in the Shiro Ari series project.
The available positions are:
Shiro Ari Translator (and Translation Checker)
- Translates from Japanese to English; and can perform Translation QC/Checking.
- Knows mid-level to advanced Japanese, especially that not all text in Shiro Ari have furigana.
- Good grammar and can perform proofreading (at least on punctuation marks).
- Flexible (or at least familiar with)with British English.
Shiro Ari Typesetter
- Ability to place translated texts on cleaned pages, making the fonts as similar to their Japanese equivalent as possible.
- Because of the font variation of the series, will need to have a decent collection of fonts.
- Can Handle Simple Cleaning for parts the cleaner has missed.
- Having Adobe Photoshop is necessary. There’s a free download here
- Current Workload for Shiro Ari: Around 5 chapters ready for Translation Check and for Typesetting.
- There’s no age requirement.
- Experience is preferred but not mandatory (we believe in natural talent and hard work ;D).
- If you will be willing to assist on other projects (aside from Shiro Ari) in the future, that would be awesome! But it’s not mandatory either.
- This is voluntary. You will not get paid.
Send an e-mail to thezeroalliance[at]gmail[dot]com
(Replace “[dot]” with “.” and “[at]” with “@”)
Include the following information in your e-mail:
SUBJECT OF THE E-MAIL:
- (For Translator) TZA Shiro Ari Translator
- (For Typesetter) TZA Shiro Ari Typesetter
CONTENT OF THE E-MAIL: (Fill up the items below)
Name/Alias: (What are you called? Who do you want to be credited as?)
Timezone/Country: (Mention your country or select a timezone from here; This is for the sake of knowing our time difference)
Gender: (No sexual discrimination. We just don’t want to be mistaken on the pronoun to use when referring to you.)
Availability: (Only free during weekends? Only free at night? Free right now but busy next year?)
Experience: (If applicable, mention scanlation group/s and project title/s)
Anything Else: (Any questions? Anything else you want to say?)
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be verified whether you’ll be able to handle the project or not o